Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Doors are Closing

I'm enjoying the glow after a brief but satisfying visit with friends in Denver. As I mentioned on Journal Day, my exit from Denver was filled with turmoil and I never felt quite at ease with the way I left this city. Closure was due.

Denver, CO


Joining Americorps in Denver was important to me. At that time, it was the most important thing to me. I didn't take choosing to leave lightly, however it was a choice I made suddenly. Feelings were hurt and matters were settled unpleasantly with some of my friends.

My first fall colors in 5 years:)

The openness with which I was received the last few days by these same friends was heartwarming to say the least. We move on. Our lives change and sometimes, it's just better to remember the good times.

Morrison, CO



























Life just wouldn't be as sweet without the tough choices I had to make. As the voice on the airport tram announced, "the doors are closing," after facing my big "what if," it is with absolute certainty that I write these words with no regrets.

Found: on a garbage can on Sante Fe St. in Denver



























Goodbye Denver.



2 comments:

  1. goodbyes are always so bittersweet, aren't they? gorgeous pictures of the town you're saying farewell to.

    so happy to feature you and your microscope heart series on my blog today!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great photographer! And yes, it is always nice to be remembered for your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...