Thursday, October 20, 2011

Backpacking Bliss

Here's a fact: I love camping. Backpacking to be exact. Last week I escaped with my friend Rachael into a not-so-well-known valley for a little adventuring.







To get there, you gotta repel down a steep grade on ropes tied to the trees.



And in a place where you'd least expect it, a house. It reminds me of The Animal Family. Did you read that story? I half expected to find the hunter and his mermaid living there.




I won't tell you how long it took us to start a fire. But hey, it was windy, and we eventually got it going.


We found lots of treasures.















And of course I packed healthy meals. It was part of the detox. Remember that?




Ahhh. Sweet escape.


4 comments:

  1. It looks like a lot of fun! I've actually never been camping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scenery looks AMAZING. You have me all pumped to go camping now...except for the fact that I'm living in England and it's extremely cold at the moment. Other than that, I'm all set!! Who's going with me??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like quite the fun adventure! I've always wanted to go backpacking. Looks so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for healthy recipes, why didn't you get a picture of my Beef Ravioli in a can? If you need, I can email you one to post immediately!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...