Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dinner for Two: our week in food

This week should really be Dinner for One since I spent most of the time out and about with my girls in Denver and backpacking with my friend here on the Big Island. Let me tell you, it was an interesting week of food and my tummy really needed a break by the time I got home. This is just a sneak peak of all the Colorado goodies we found, will be posting more about Denver food shortly.

Jessica floating down Larimer Square 


Saturday: Shepherd's pie with Colorado lamb at the Wynkoop Brewing Co. in Denver, followed by bar hopping and good fun with my Americorps pals. A night like that brings a girl right back to her early 20s.

Sunday: Cup of tortilla soup and a strawberry margarita at the Rio in Denver. We used to come here for happy hour all the time back in the Americorps days.

Monday: Rattlesnake and pheasant sausage with fried green tomatoes at Biker Jim's in Denver. Could not pass up the chance to try snake, plus where Anthony Bourdain goes, I follow.

Photo by Love Ayi


Tuesday: Airplane cheese and fruit platter. Blegh. Stomach and liver detox in order due to eating snake and drinking too much beer.

Wednesday: Broccoli soup with carrots, onions, and absolutely no cream. Recipe to come. My version of a detox is a fruit and vegetable only diet for as many days as it takes for my tummy to calm down.



Thursday: Badass backpacking trip with my girl Rae led us to a secluded valley on the northern part of the Big Island. Bliss. Camper's salad of garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomato, Swiss chard, and macadamia nut oil.



Friday: Scrambled egg, tomato, cheddar cheese, and avocado on a roll made by my loving husband after coming home tired from camping.

Highlight of the week: How can all of this have happened in one week?!? Seeing my Americorps pals again was exceptional!

Have a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Hiya Gwen!!
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and taking the time out to comment :) it made my *night* lol given its 1.30am here...
    Loved your 'fork' post at Vintch's!
    Will stay in touch
    xx
    Siddy

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...