Monday, October 24, 2011

Zucchini "Pasta" with Walnut "Sausage"


No, this isn't real pasta or real sausage. It's even better with tons of healthy deliciousness. Come on, get healthy!


As I mentioned before, my husband refused to admit this tasted like sausage, but in the same breath he said it was one of the best dishes I've made. Healthy is to delicious as win is to win.

 I must admit, I've very jealous of all the fall posts filled with beautiful colors and recipes. What I wouldn't give for a trip to Vermont right now!


Zucchini "Pasta" with Walnut "Sausage"
Inspired by Shutterbean and Choosing Raw
serves 2

2 medium zucchinis
2 TBL olive oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic cloves, chopped
2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
1/4 tsp red chile flakes
salt & pepper
1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan

Boil a pot of salted water on the stovetop. While the water is heating up, make noodles out of the zucchini by slicing them up with a vegetable peeler. Boil the zucchini for 2 minutes then strain and set aside.

Add the onion and olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Cook until transparent then add garlic and chile and cook a minute more. Add the walnuts, sage, salt & pepper and cook until heated through.

To plate, add some sausage to your pasta and top with grated parmesan. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I am completely loving this! I've been looking for great recipes to cut down our families meat intake. I'll definitely be trying this! I don't suppose you have any fabulous recipes for Kale or other wonderful leafy greens?

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...