Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole with Bleu Cheese


Just in case you didn't know already, Thanksgiving is next week. I feel that as a food blogger, I should contribute to the general theme of "Thanksgiving eats" that is the food blogosphere at the moment. You know, just trying to be helpful.

But, guess what? All this T-day overkill is burning me out. And I'm so not into getting burnt out over my favorite holiday.


So let's talk about something else. Let's get inspired to have the warmest, fuzziest holiday season of our lives with some random tidbits that I hope will make you smile.



1. The other day I asked my husband what his favorite cartoon was when he was small. Yep, he said "My Little Pony." I knew there was a reason I married him!

2. Committing random acts of kindness is apparently a major trend these days. That fact gives me hope for humanity.

3. Find more great blogs to read in this well-written post. Thanks Chrissy!

4. Do what you love. And if that means blogging, read this: Real-Talk Blog Tips. And if that means living, give yourself a high-five.

5. “This is your life. You are responsible for it. You will not live forever. Don't wait.” -Natalie Goldberg. Read "Writing Down the Bones." Love it. Live it. 


6. Eat this.

Sweet Potato Casserole with Bleu Cheese
serves 4 as a main, 6 as a side

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3+ TBL butter, divided
1 heaping cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup brown sugar

Boil a large pot of water and add sweet potatoes. Boil for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to pierce with a fork. Drain in a colander. Return to pot (but turn off heat), add 1 TBL butter, and mash.

Heat oven to 325. Grease a 8x8 baking dish with some of the butter. In a small bowl combine 2 TBL melted butter, walnuts, cheese, sugar, and cranberries.

Spread mashed sweet potatoes in baking dish. Top with nut mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, this looks so much better than my gimpy attempt to do something with sweet potatoes and butternut squash this weekend. I chunked mine up and laid them on a baking sheet. Put dashes of butter on them, drizzled them in agave syrup and dusted them with cinnamon. I roasted them till fork tender. Your's though? Waaaaay better!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...