Thursday, November 10, 2011

I loves you.

I have something to say.



You're beautiful. You're smart. You're sassy. You're chic. You're special. You're wonderful. You're someone to be admired.

Now I have something else to say. Something I learned back when I only had 13 years under my bra. When someone gives you a compliment, say thank you.

ColourTreeStudio

Don't think to yourself, "She's only saying that because I look fat and she wants to make me feel better."

Can you do me a favor and allow yourself, for one moment, to believe that the compliment was given because it was true? Yes, they said it because they wanted to make you feel better. Not because you look fat, or ugly, or run-down. Because they like you, or something about you.

When someone gives you a compliment, say thank you.

AmeliaKayPhotography

Own that compliment.

Be someone who breaks down and reshapes the very concept of beauty.



Be someone fearless. Law school and a mere 26 miles doesn't stand in her way.

Be someone fierce. This girl's got it goin' on, and she knows it. 

Be someone happy. This blogger is nothing but sunshine.

Be someone grateful. She once said gratitude is our best and only defense against the worst in this world.

SpringFlowerChild


But most of all, be someone that loves herself; someone that says thank you to a compliment.






4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post, Gwen! It's so uplifting! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a hard thing to learn sometimes. I still struggle with it myself sometimes but it's a very good thing to know and do for ones self. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this post, it was just what I needed to hear, thank you. =]

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this - inspiring words :-)

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...