Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Veggie Pasta

When I get the chance to make dinner just for myself (one of my guilty pleasures if you can believe that) I always make pasta. I love cooking only for me because the pressure to impress, or more simply to produce something edible, is gone.

Since I'm thoroughly obsessed with (almost) all vegetables, I threw this veggie-packed pasta together.

Only For Me Pasta v.2


1 cup dry penne pasta
small handful asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 TBL butter
2+ TBL olive oil
1 glove garlic
1/2 of a tomato, chopped
1/4 cup reserved pasta water
parmesan cheese
handful torn arugula
salt and pepper to taste

Boil pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus 2 minutes prior to removing from heat. Strain, reserving about 1/4 cup of the cooking water. While pasta is draining, add butter, oil, and pasta water to pot and allow to melt. Then add garlic and salt and pepper and saute til aromatic. Add the tomato, then the pasta and asparagus. Toss until coated and be sure to taste for the right amount of salt. After plating, grate some parmesan over the pasta, adding the torn arugula to the very top. Enjoy!







Want more vegetarian recipe ideas? Click here: Vegetarian recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...