Saturday, February 6, 2010

Only for Me Pasta

I make this dish whenever I'm cooking just for myself. I don't know why, but when I'm cooking just for me, it always turns out better. This recipe is a single serving, but it can easily be doubled, quadrupled, or made to whatever size you wish. As with all my recipes, this is just a base, while it is delicious as described below, have fun with additions and substitutions.

1 serving cooked pasta (usually 8 oz)
3-4 TBL olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
1 chopped tomato
5 kalamata olives - halved
3-5 torn basil leaves OR sprig of torn Italian parsley OR both
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBL grated parmesan

Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add garlic, sautee till aromatic, about 1 or 2 minutes. Add pepper, olives, and tomato, sautee for another minute or so, until heated through. Add pasta, herbs, and salt & pepper stirring to coat pasta thoroughly. Put on a plate and add cheese, enjoy your dinner for one.

Additions: chicken, shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, onions, lemon juice, roasted red peppers...

Subs: any herbs you like for basil and parsley, feta for pamesan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...