Friday, July 29, 2011

What's your SSB?

Kristen Solecki


Sex and the City, Season 4, episode 14. Carrie and the girls talk about their Secret Single Behaviors, things they do when they are alone, but would never want their partners to see. For example, Charlotte details how she would sit and study her pores in a mirror for an hour each night. I'm married now, but still hang on to some SSB's, because that's totally allowed.

Clearly, one of my SSB's is watching old episodes of Sex and the City, and always, always crying. I recently watched the episode when Miranda's mom dies, and was seriously scared that I was not going to be able to stop crying. And now that we're on the subject, I think I've finally come to the conclusion that Miranda is my favorite character. I mean really, how can you not love them all, but Miranda just keeps it real for me.

Now for the real dirt. My SSB actually occurs in the car. With old mixed CD's. Mainly ones from old boyfriends or guys who tried to win me over in college with mixed CD's. When the mood strikes, I pop one of those babies in and obsessively try to decipher what the intention was for each song. Even though the feelings are long gone and the songs are embarrassingly '90s, I still get a kick out of trying to figure out why he included such hits as "Kiss From a Rose" or "Ramble On."And cringing over memories of my 19-year-old self can actually be pretty hilarious.

Time to dish! What's your SSB?

1 comment:

  1. Hahah! I just did a post on SATC too! My SSB is plucking, whether it be eyebrows or legs. Sometimes there are those hairs that you always miss shaving!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...