Thursday, May 24, 2012

5 Reasons to Love Life

Nootropics
1. School is out for summer. Today was the last day for students and teachers in Hawaii and we are loving it. Looking forward to a break full of beach days, New York awesomeness, cooking galore, and with a little luck, some backpacking.


2. Nature brings you down to size. Last weekend I skipped over to Maui for a backpacking adventure with my girl Marie in the crater of Haleakala. There's something about hauling your butt and a heavy pack down into a really old rock formation to gaze at majestic mountain views, gawk at shooting stars, and share nips of whiskey with an awesome friend to bring the best of life to the forefront.



3. Limoncello. Lovely, lemony, liqueur. This drink embodies summer. While visiting my sister at an archaeological dig in Greece, we sipped gallons of the stuff. Except it was creamy, and I have not been able to score it in the states. Did you know there is a Mauicello? I will most definitely forgive it's lack of creaminess. Get on it. I guess this means I'll be making my own creamy limoncello. Recipe to follow(?).


4. Anchovies on pizza. I am a major salt and briny flavors fanatic, and anchovies gives you just that. Putting them on pizza, a little goes a long way, provides a punch of flavor. If you love all things briny, try it.


5. Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes. Friends move away. Jobs are iffy at best. School years end, summers begin. Books close. Windows open. Without changes our lives would be a dreary gray mass of unending time.  Let's embrace change, let's love it even. I love change. There, I said it.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the end of your school year! Changes are definitely good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one more: you're coming to NY!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the summer Gwen! I love briny stuff but I've always shied away from anchovies for some reason. Do you recommend chopping them up or anything to put them on the pizza?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, def chop them up they are very salty. You could even whisk them in with the sauce you are using to get more even coverage, they will literally melt into the sauce.

      Delete
    2. Awesome blossom. I'll definitely try it the next time I make my own pizzas. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I am glad you embrace change - who is moving away? It looks like you and Marie had an AMAZING time - hopefully many more backpacking trips to come - I am really excited about your next blog from the coffee farms and picnic (sneak preview!)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...