Sunday, June 5, 2011

OMG

Black Out Dance Team
A major perk of teaching middle school is that I get to teach an elective course the school calls a "wheel class" every Wednesday afternoon. The teacher gets to pick any topic they want and the students choose the class they want to take. Last quarter my topic was Dance Team. We had a group of 14 girls who learned a dance I choreographed with a student helper and my sister. On the last day of school the girls performed it at the talent show assembly. They danced to "OMG" by Usher.

Despite the sometimes weary middle school melodrama of teaching 14 girls how to dance, this class is what often got me through the work week. I feel so lucky to have gotten to know so many amazing young women, not to mention it was just downright fun seeing them get so excited about performing all. And as you may remember from last year, I do love a good talent show!

I had so much fun with dance team this year, I can't help but dream about what we will dance to next year! Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha Saturdays with Maggy reader! Thank you for your comments, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...